Robin has a unique gift of simplifying very complicated matters where they are easily understood.Previous attendee, Houston
About Robin Forte’
“The Landman’s Landman”
A 30-year veteran of the E&P industry, Robin is known as the “Landman’s Landman” for his extensive expertise in oil & gas matters and for leading the national landman’s association for 10 years. He has a practical, entertaining teaching style that has something to offer everyone from the newer landman to the seasoned CPL.
Bring expertise and entertainment to your next monthly or annual meeting or special event.
A summary of Robin’s experience appears below, or you can view his complete curriculum vitae.
- 30 years oil & gas experience
- 25 years teaching seminars and speaking to oil & gas audiences
- AAPL and NAPE Expo Executive Vice President for 10 years
- AAPL Education Director for 7 years
- Compiled, edited, and wrote the CPL review
- Served as an expert witness on the joint operating agreement, contracts, exploration agreements, pooling and federal units, as well as industry custom and practice
- Company landman for 12 years beginning with Anadarko
- Visiting professor at University of Oklahoma and University of Tulsa
- Published by the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation and Landman magazine
- Invited speaker for AAPL, RMMLF, NALTA, NADOA, NARO and dozens of local landman associations
- Provided in-house education at Exxon, Columbia Natural Gas, Federal Land Bank and others
- USAF fighter pilot for 6 years during Vietnam
Robin is available to speak for 30-60 minutes on relevant topics suited to your audience. Contact Christy Payne for details and availability.